8/04/2003

I like to cook. Sundays have become my cooking day.

Yesterday I made two things. Creamy Chicken Casserole and Chinese Chicken Salad. The salad was a HUGE success. I could eat it all day long. It consist of a variety of toasted nuts, crunchy ramen noodles, lots of cabbage, olive oil, vinegar, sugar, ramen spice packet, etc. The combinations are just perfect.

The chicken casserole on the other hand didn't end up being a favorite. It was my first time to make it. It got the recipe from my Taste of Home Ouick Cooking magazine. (Compliments of my mother-in-law.) The problem with most of their recipes is that they are TOO simple. The finished product usually reminds me of Hamburger Helper. (No offense to any H.H. lovers out there.) I just prefer less processed options. Unless we're talking about fast food. I LOVE McDonalds. Just ask Ellen.

Someday soon I hope to add a recipe link to my blog and share my favorites with you. The Chinese Chicken Salad will be at the TOP of the list! :)


-----------


My husband and I went for a motorcycle ride last night. It was our first time to ride all summer. His motorcycle is an 1983 Honda Askot, otherwise known as Crusty. He bought in college for $300. We went exploring.

THE GOAL -- to find the lake.

There is a lake near our house that we keep hearing about. We ventured east. I held on tight. I could tell Chad wasn't as confident with his driving since it had been so long. This made me a little nervous. Usually I don't have to worry... I'm married to the MOST cautious man in the world. We ended up on a well-paved windy country road. Woods, custom homes, deer, sunset clouds, new scenery. The cool air filled my lungs as we dipped into the valleys of the road.

I found my dream home... a bungalow with a porch, a red tin roof, and lots of windows showing yellow glowy light. I squealed with delight and yelled through my helmet, "Look at that house!!! I love that house!" Chad didn't answer because he was concentrating on driving.

We never found the lake, but it was a successful trip.

No comments: