1/09/2006

finally finally finally

Hi everyone! I'm blogging from HOME. Today we finally got our internet connection up and running. It's been an insane process as slow as dial-up itself. Turns out, we're 400 feet outside of the telephone service for the town we live in. This means we have our phone service through a itty bitty town that is 25 minutes away, making calls to all our friends and businesses long distance.

But let me stop boring you with that right now!

It's going to take some time to get back in the swing of things with blogging. Before the move I was doing so well... it was in a groove. Now I'm kinda stuck again. What do people wanna hear? Here is a rundown of recent and present stuff in my life:


• Melody turned one a couple weeks ago. (!) It's weird to say that I have a one-year-old. She is close to walking, but does not seem to want it very badly.

• We spent a week in northern California for the holidays. Chad and I were in a wedding. Melody did awesome on the flights, but it wore us all out.

• I start teaching a software class at JBU tonight. It will be every Monday evening from 6:30 to 9:00. I taught the same class a couple years ago. I'm nervous and barely prepared, which I hate. I think I could really enjoy this teaching stuff if I'd stop putting prep off to the last minute.

• I've been doing more freelance work for DaySpring lately. It is also a love-hate thing. I love the challenge, the interaction and the money. The stress and the juggling of everything makes is hard to enjoy though.

• I found a babysitter! She is a JBU student and has taken care of Melody twice so far. Both times I've been working in the house simotaneously. She plays with Melody well. Today Melody was laughing hysterically as she learned how to kick a plastic walmart bag.

• Living in the country is nice. Now it is strange to drive through neighborhoods. After only three months, the country feels normal. (Although I'm still bitter about dialup and I'm still freaked about ticks.)

• Our house is still very unfinished. Chad tries, but is not able to make fast progress because of his work, lack of evening daylight, and general busyness. It does not help that I'm usually beckoning him to watch a tv with me when he gets off work.

• I'm happy to report that I am now two pounds BELOW my pre-pregnancy weight. Yayyyyyy.


That's all for now. I will try come up with something fun to read tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Bek! I'm excited to that you're back to blogging again. I'm not sure what I want to hear about most. All of it is interesting. I'm glad you had a good time in California. I saw pics from Matt.

Anonymous said...

hey beck! i am so glad you are back. i check faithfully! brians right, it is all interesting since you are such an easy writer. love ya, sky

Anonymous said...

So glad that you are back! What was the secret to losing the pregnancy weight? I am still struggling in that area and feeling rather discouraged about it.

~cjoy said...

Yay! Now I need to get back in my blogging groove, too. I think you should blog for YOU and the rest of us will just enjoy.