10/27/2003

a new week & a new look

I am refreshed. The trip to Vancouver did wonders for my attitude at work. I am happy to be home. I have outtles of work today. My desk is a mountain of job folders. Lots of things came up in the three days I was gone. Normally the changes would have sent me through the roof -- huffing, puffing, ranting, raving, griping -- you get the picture. Instead I am okay. I'm happy. I remember the reasons I like working at this company. I remember the awe and relief I experienced in my first weeks here, almost three years ago. Day in & day out of being here had made me forget. Being away at the conference reminded me of the reasons I like my job. I have real purpose here. I will make the changes to my almost-finished Fathers Day cards without complaining. There is a good reason for the changes and I believe in the end they will be better cards.

In other news, I got my nose pierced while in Vancouver. It is something I've wanted to do for over 2 years. I like my nose. I found a clean, sterile, professional place to have the piercing done. They had the jewel I've always wanted... a tiny silver stud with a saphire (light blue) jewel in the center. My college friend/fellow designer, Brian, went with me. He let me squeeze his hand as the lady put the needle through my nostril. It hurt like the dickens. As we walked away from the shop -- I was actually skipping I think -- I told him, "Thank you so much for being my moral support! I feel like giving you $100 dollars."

THANKS BRIAN! :)

Chad likes the change. I knew he would. We had discussed it many times. He likes a little bit of punk here and there. It is exciting to have a change. Something new.

No comments: