4/14/2004

long weekend & decisions

My three day weekend was absolutely wonderful. I ended up being super productive. I tackled projects that have been on my mind for months. I organized the kicthen! We moved into our house almost two years ago. On move-in day my superwoman mom-in-law unpacked the kicthen. I told her to put things anywhere. "I'll organize it later." I thought to myself. Yeah right. Twenty-two months later things were still in disarray. Batteries next to potato chips. (Probaby cancer-causing.) Holiday candles above the the fridge. You get the picture. I hung mugs under the cabinets in order to free up space. I also put everyday vitamins in a drawer instead of on the countertop. I enjoyed working while it rained outside. After the kicthen, I tackled the laundry room. I put unnecessary items in the garage and rearranged the cabinets. The room looks so good now that I actually want to do laundry!

It was wonderful to be home three days in a row. It was also great to return to work on Monday. The three days of semi solitude was the perfect break. I bounced into work Monday morning ready to see my friends and design cards. Monday went by like a charm. Tuesday came with some big news; I got a job offer! The gifts department wants to hire me as a concept designer. It was would a promotion. Instead of cards I would design journals, albums, candles, mugs, gift bags, etc. I am excited and jittery about the prospects but undecided about what to do. The new job would involve more travel, more money, and more variety as well as more responsibility and stress. I've been designing greeting cards for three years. I'm content and comfortable. The idea of a new challenge is both appealing and scary. Tough decision!

I will keep you posted.
In the meantime, what does everyone think I should do?

No comments: