12/02/2003

kickboxing, laura, my class

Chad and I starting kickboxing last week. I'm excited that we've found something we enjoy doing together in the form of exercise. In the past we've run together. I have a love/hate relationship with running. I hate doing it but I love the way it makes me feel when I'm done. I am pleasantly sore from our kickboxing ventures. The class is small and nonthreatening. The teacher is competent and fun. The price is feasible. I am looking forward to working on my flexibility and strength.

Laura is visiting from Ecuador. When she is here things are upsidedown. We stay up late and put everything on the back burner. She is one of our closest friends in this world. We went to college together and share an extensive amount of memories. She does mission work in Quito, Ecuador. Seeing her is encouraging, fun, relaxing, and a comfort. She loves Jesus more than most people I know. Her close relationship with Him is contagious. It reminds me of days past when I was more excited about my relationship with God. We had coffee and muffins at my favorite coffee shop this morning. We sat on a leather couch, sipped our hot drinks, laughed, and talked deep. I am blessed by our friendship.

Two more classes and I am finished with the semester. Teaching has been harder than I thought it would be. It has been a huge stressor. It has reminded of how to enjoy my free time. I will not teach again next semester, but I will begin volunteering in the nursery at church. Maybe helping with the babies will help me with my baby craziness. Or maybe not.

No comments: