10/31/2012

Look what I made!



I made this! I am very excited about this new lamp. I bought the base and shade at a thrift store. The base was $2.50 and the shade was $3.99. Originally the base was brass and I spray painted it a plum color.

 

I used a glue gun to attach cloth napkins (!) over the original lampshade. Animal prints just aren't my thing. I bought a four pack of these cloth napkins at Target on clearance for about $5. They are Dwell Studio. So bright and graphic and happy.

 

I am excited about this project because I bought the lampshade today and then completed this project today! Typically I procrastinate. I tried not to worry about it being perfect. I had never done anything like this before. It was not hard at all. I used just two of the napkins, and I hope to make a matching-ish lamp in the weeks to come.

 

5 comments:

Joy said...

well done! love the whole thing! i have a lamp that might need the same treatment.

I'm Sara. said...

Love this! So cheery and the pairing of purple and yellow together is just lovely. :)

paul and chelsea said...

I'm so stealing this idea sometime! :) Nice update to your blog, too.

Susannah said...

Wow, I love this lamp! I'm looking for some - either to diy or just find ones I like - for my husband's and my bedside tables.

Anonymous said...

The plum color looks great! Coast Lighting